Mad Mike’s Summer Steak Salad
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak or top round steak
- One 13 oz jar Mad Mike’s Zinfandel Tri Tip Marinade
- 1 tablespoon Mad Mike’s Yo’ Mama’s Garlic Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 5 or 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon Mad Mike’s Meyer Lemon Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 of each small sliced green, red and gold bell pepper
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1 cup Mad Mike’s Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
- Combine the Zinfandel Marinade and the Yo’ Mama’s Garlic Seasoning in a resealable plastic gallon bag. Tenderize the steak with a fork then add the steak to the bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for 24hours. Remove from the refrigerator, and let marinate at room temperature another 30 to 45 minutes.
- When you’re ready to start cooking, slice the Iceberg and romaine lettuce and toss, place in a large bowl and put in the refrigerator to chill.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Put the marinade in small saucepot and bring to a boil. Then strain and reserve as a sauce if you want.
- Place the steak on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes, turn 180 degrees, and cook for 3 minutes more (to create cross grill marks). Flip over and finish cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest, lightly covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the three color peppers and onion in the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Slice the beef against the grain, and toss with grilled onions and the three colored peppers. Bring lettuce out of the refrigerator and toss with the Mad Mike’s Sesame Soy Vinaigrette. Add the beef and peppers to the top of the salad. Using a tong put salad into bowls and garnish with cheese serve with garlic bread or warm tortillas.
Mad Mike's American Gourmet https://madmikesstore.com/